Leadership Challenge with Data Analytics – Education track
Next edition takes place from April 18 , 2023 to July 4, 2023!
The use of data and application of analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) will without any doubt change the way we design and operate our Higher Education. As a matter of fact, today it is already changing our educational institutions. But what is needed to make analytics and AI valuable parts of the way we organize our education? Many experts believe that successful transformation of our Higher Education hinges on five pillars: strategy, hr and culture, organisation, governance and compliance, ICT.
This insight will require a whole new set of skills and ways of working. Understanding and working with new technologies for (big) data collection, analysis and prediction will not create only huge opportunities, but also ethical, legal, privacy and technical issues concerning every part of the organization. It will influence the relationship with our students, redefines how new programs and services are developed, changes how operations are managed, and provides the basis for new service offerings. It will demand a data driven focus of everyone involved in the organization.
This training programme combines the science of business, data, and societal perspectives. Participants – who usually join with a team of 3 to 5 persons – acquire a broad knowledge and diverse skills related to data analytics, which may lead to new insights that drive new value creation opportunities in the context of higher education. Such learning by doing manifests itself along two dimensions: across multiple levels (individual, group) and across multiple functions.
Learning objectives of the programme
- To stimulate higher education to achieve value from data (educational, alumni and campus operational data) to improve the quality of the education, optimize operations and create personalized services and to innovate.
- To understand the foundations for becoming a data-driven organization, as a basis for exploiting insights from analytics and AI.
- To learn the complete data analytics lifecycle, from data exploration, data engineering, data analysis, data visualization up to presenting the insights.
- To discover new ways to apply data technologies to design and implement innovative and value creating applications.
- To create mutual understanding between users, policy makers, data scientists and IT units.
- To broaden participants understanding of psychological factors, privacy, security, ethics andaccountability and to stimulate critical thinking.
Unique elements of the programme
- Holistic set-up with wide range of topics that will be covered
- It plays a key role in the organisational transformation towards becoming a data driven higher education, as organisations discover in teams how to approach this challenge by doing & experiencing.
- It is action based with a hands-on approach, by developing and improving organization specific use cases as part of an action learning project.
- It engages the participants in multidisciplinary teams with executives and supervisors to facilitate implementation of the applications in the organization. This support team building.
- It inspires participants through peer-learning and an outside-in perspective.
- It offers in-depth individual coaching of teams by both Academics and Business Consultants.
- It supports the organization in exploring its data analytics maturity
- It offers a separate track for executives
The current edition of LCDA program is offered in a blended format.
Programme partnership & contribution
In the programme, we combine research-based insights from leading Professors with industry best practices from leading tech companies, start-ups and inspiring examples of best practice applications of using data and AI.